Sometimes, one of the best ways to enhance your creative energies is to pursue a new project.
Creative projects come in many shapes and sizes but all have things in common.
If you’re stuck in a creative rut, or simply have some free time and energy to devote to a new creative pursuit, today Destroy The Fear would like to share with you five potential creative projects for you to work on.
They are all easy to get started with. If you are reading this article, you have everything you need to get started in any of these areas.
We’ll briefly explain why each creative project is a good choice, and then present the first step in getting started.
Here it is!
If you’re into music, there’s never been an easier time to get started making your own.
There is a wide range of software available to help you get started.
You can also easily share and receive feedback on your work through the use of services such as Soundcloud.
If you aspire to make your own music, what are some of the steps you can take to get started?
- Consider your software. Depending on whether you are using a laptop or smartphone, or have a Mac or PC, there will be different music production software options available to you. Read reviews and consider which is the best fit for your own aims.
- Educate yourself. Consider taking a program of study in music production. There are some available from big names, including through the MasterClass program. You can check out an awesome review of MasterClass for creatives here.
- Get inspired. Listen to a wide range of artists, both inside and outside of your genre. Doing this will give you creative inspiration for making your own music.
There’s never been an easier time to make and share your own music.
Why not get started today?
Writing A Book
Self-publishing has made it easier than ever before to get started as an author.
You don’t need any specialist tools or software.
Instead, you just need a good idea for a book and a willingness to write it.
So what are some ways you can get started with writing a book?
- Think of an idea. You might want to carry out some market research into your book idea, no matter whether you write fiction or nonfiction.
- Take a course. There are a great range of resources out there for learning how to publish a book. You can also learn a lot through blog posts.
- Think of a cover. It goes against the cliche, but people do judge books by this cover. This is especially true in the era of smartphone and tablet browsing. Think of a great concept for your cover to ensure it stands out.
They say that everyone has a book in them.
There has never been a better time to write yours and share it with the world.
Why not make writing a book your next creative project?
Video Game Design
It’s never been easier to access the world of video game design.
In fact, you don’t even need to learn how to code.
You can make your own video game using a range of premade software options out there.
These allow you to focus on making an awesome game without needing the technical knowledge.
So what are some things you should do to get started with video game design?
- Look into the options out there. You need to consider what is right for your level of experience and skill, and what will equip you with the skills needed to design the kind of games you want to make.
- Code or premade. Decide whether you want to use a premade games making software, or whether you want to learn to code. Learning to code will take a lot longer but may give you greater flexibility in the long run.
Learning to create video games allows you to engage with a creative project that is also fun.
People will genuinely enjoy your creation and you may even be able to make some actual money from it at the same time.
Why not give it a try?
Coding is one of the most in demand skills a person can have in the modern world.
If you learn to code, you will always have the ability to make money.
Also, you will be able to work from your laptop at a location and schedule of your choice.
So if you’re interested in making coding your next creative project, what are some ways to get started?
- Consider the languages. There are different programming languages and ways of creating software out there. Look into which ones you might want to learn.
- Consider difficulty level. Depending on your previous knowledge and skill, you may wish to adjust your choice of coding. Think about how hard it will be for you.
- Consider opportunity. Different types of coding have different levels of job demand and salary. Consider whether the reward in terms of opportunity you will receive is right for the level of effort you will have to put in.
Coding isn’t right for everyone.
However, it’s a rewarding, creative pursuit which is always in demand.
Why not take the first step and consider whether coding could be the next creative project for you?
Digital marketing is one of the hottest activities in the online world.
It’s easy to get started and the rewards can be genuinely huge.
Learning to digitally market is also a rewarding creative pursuit which is an interesting skill set in and of itself.
So what are some ways you begin to make your mark in the world of digital marketing?
- Learn WordPress. WordPress is one of the most flexible and useful website creation and content management systems. If you learn WordPress, you’ll have a valuable skill allowing you to build websites for yourself and others.
- Learn SEO. Learning SEO is the key to finding opportunities that will bring your websites traffic and allow you to make money.
- Learn basic graphics. Learning how to create graphics such as WordPress featured images will allow you to carry out this work on your own site as well as giving you a freelance opportunity for a creative job.
Digital marketing is a profitable, interesting, and always evolving field.
Why not get started today and take the first steps in making it your next creative project?
Exciting Creative Projects – Final Thoughts
Thanks for checking out five suggestions for creative projects from Destroy The Fear.
We’d love to know what you’re working on.
Which creative pursuits are currently taking up your time?
What do you fancy trying next?
Hit us up in the comments and we’ll be sure to chat!